If you need more information you can check the Readiness
- Financial Setup Screens
- The new look-and-feel of the transaction pages that was introduced in the earlier reléase has been expanded to all Financial setup pages.
- Fields, buttons, and regions may have been moved in order to provide a more effective and accessible work area on any device
- A new set of icons with simplified appearance has been introduced, allowing you to perform actions and functions on the page.
- End User Personalization of the Navigator and Springboard
- You can personalize the Navigator and Springboard to show or hide the Navigator menu items or Springboard icons for navigation
- You will be able to notice that enabled icons are dark gray now. Disabled icons are light gray. You can hold your cursor over an icon to see a tooltip describing than icon. What is the use of the particular tool icon.
- Announcements Preview: You can preview your announcements before posting them to the announcements panel on the home page.
- Notifications Actions: You can enhance your bell notifications dialog box to include custom and system actions.
Now, before the current release, the security administrator functions were distributed across Oracle Identity Management and Authorization Policy Manager now that functions are delivered to a single interface within the Security Console. Oracle Identity Manager and Authorization Policy Manager are no longer available, from current release onwards.
So what are the activities that can be performed using the Security Console?
- User Account information such as password, lock, and unlock are managed in the Security Console.
- Roles are now managed directly in the Security Console, and are no longer managed within Oracle Identity Manager or Authorization Policy Manager.
- Privileges are predefined by Oracle, and are no longer created or managed by the user.
- You can now view, create, or change roles without first selecting an application.
Applications Technology: Security
- Improve data security model: All the users from the current release onwards are now assigned with an appropriate data set, using the Manage Data Access for user’s page and the best data management services from companies like Couchbase. Data roles are not generated when a new security element is created. And if you are using the data role-based model in the prior release, you will be upgraded to use the new User Role Data Assignment model now. Visit www.venyu.com/cloud/ an get more information on data protection.
- User account management: You can now create and manage implementation user accounts and assign roles to those user accounts within Oracle Fusion Applications Security. That means within the Security Console. You can also search, retrieve, and manage user accounts that were automatically created for employees, contingent workers, supplier contacts, and the partner contacts.
- Administrator password management: Administrators can now manage the passwords for other users, using the Security Console itself. As an administrator, you can now auto-generate or manually enter a password for a user account. They even tried to use a software to avoid ransomware attack, this will lock out the entire account and then demand a ransom before releasing the new password.
- User password management: Self-service by the respective users.
- User account locking: As an administrator, you can lock user accounts, so obviously, you need administrator privileges to perform this activity. And when you lock a user account, you are temporarily preventing the user from logging in with that user account. So sometimes there is a business requirement where you would be temporarily locking a particular user’s account. And then later on, you have an option to unlock that as well.
- Enhanced role visualization: Which allows you to view only certain components of a role in the graphic visual. Now, a role can contain privileges, aggregate privileges, or other roles. So in a graphical representation, now you can view only privileges, or only aggregate privileges, or only the roles that have been assigned to a particular job role. So it’s up to you, what you want to see within a particular job role. Whether you want to review only privileges, or only aggregate privileges, or only other low-level roles that have been tied to the job role.
- Tabular role hierarchy view: You can also analyze using tabular view of direct and indirectly assigned privileges for a role by utilizing this feature.
- Search in role hierarchy visualization: You can perform search and quickly locate security artifacts in the role hierarchy visualization. You can search for privileges, roles or users in the visualization as well.
- Username generation rules: You can define the username generation rules to auto-generate the user names within Oracle Fusion Application Security. Username generation rules can be based on user’s first and last name, email account, or person number. If you are not able to generate a username utilizing any one of these rules, due to some issue, then system can use its own logic to generate the usernames as well.